ViewSign Cloud User Guide Envelope Management
Documents, Filter and Status
Documents will list your sent envelopes & drafts and envelopes you have to sign (sent by someone else). It also shows you the envelope status and allows you to filter and manage the envelopes.
- Search: enter a text to search the envelopes
- Status: an icon shows the status of the envelope
- Actions: direct on-click to sign or continue
- Export as CSV: export current list of envelopes (e.g. for a reporting)
- Sort by: recent activity or envelope name
- Filter: click on a filter from the menu to apply it to the current list. You can easily apply more filters to the selection or remove them one-by-one.
Document Status Icons
To modify an envelope just click on it to load the envelope details page. On this page you can see the defined workflow with recipients, the document(s) and basic information about the envelope (e.g. start and expiration date). Moreover, you are able to enable or disable, if the envelope is shared with your team members.
Possible Actions on the envelope:
- Sign: if you are the signer, you can directly open the envelope for signing
- Remind: if a signer is not signing (or rejecting) the envelope, you can remind him manually. The reminder notification will be sent to the recipient (the automatic reminder will still continue to work, if configured). Please note that a manual reminder limit of 12 hours (default value) is set. This means you can only send one reminder every 12 hours, to prevent spamming the recipient. This value can be changed on private SaaS and on premise instances.
- Cancel: Cancel will stop the envelope and cancel the workflow. The recipients will get a notification about cancelation.
- Unlock: if a signer has blocked in a parallel signer step the envelope (opened, but is not finished/rejected), you can manually reset his document changes to enable the envelope for the other parallel signers. (Note: in a parallel signer step, only one can open and sign the document. As long as the envelope is not finished by the signer, the others will not be able to sign the document. This is based on a technical limitation of the security of the PDF document, which is only allowing sequential changes to ensure its security).
- Delete: Delete the envelope
Document Detail Page with highlighted envelope and recipients area.
Finished envelopes will allow you to download the finished documents and audit trail (log document). If you have the developer mode enabled, you can download the envelope configuration as XML and JSON. The next screenshot shows where you can download the finished document and the audit trail:
The audit trail shows all information about the envelope e. g. the general information (status of the envelope, the creation date and more). Moreover, it shows the recipients and all changes made to the document e. g. which signature fields were placed on the document, the information about the time when the workstep was finished and more.
The finished document shows the PDF including the signed signature fields.
Edit & Delete Recipient
It is possible to edit or delete a recipient after the envelope was sent. Therefore, you just click on “edit” to change user details (First Name, Last Name, Email), set the personal message, change authentication method, set digital remote signature or set SMS-OTP signature. You can just change details of recipients, who did not yet fulfill their assigned task. Finished recipients are shown via icon in the Document detail view. “Delete” will delete the recipient’s envelope, as long his signing task was not yet finished.
The “Clipboard” link will show you a window with a link (to copy) to the recipients envelope for signing. In case the signer has a problem with receiving the email, you can send the link to the recipient via other channel (e.g. instant messenger).
The document preview will show you a small and, by clicking on it, a large preview of the document.
- Drafts, Completed, Active (Action Required, Waiting for Others, Expiring Soon), Rejected, Canceled and Expired
- Sent | Signed
- By Me
- By a team member
- By team
- Sender Date
- Yesterday, Since last 7 Days, 30 Days, 90 Days, 6 Months, Year and Custom Date
- Bulk (if feature is available)
- Exclude bulk children
- Bulk parents only
- Filter by a text you have entered (at the top bar)
The applied filters are listed at the top and you can remove specific filters by clicking on the “x” or reset all filters.
Download as CSV
You can also download CSV (comma-separated values) files. So you can open them in e.g. Microsoft Excel for analysis or reporting.
The CSV contains:
- ID of the envelope
- Sending Date
- Expiration Date
- Document(s) as CSV
- Recipient(s) as CSV
Templates can be used for recurring documents or workflows. You can prepare them and directly use them from the template page. When you use or edit the template the procedure is similar to create envelope, except the prepared configuration is used.
- Use: directly use the envelope
- Details: show details about template
- Edit: modify template
- documents: you can replace documents. The signature fields are kept, except they can not be applied (e.g. page in new document doesn’t exist any more). If a recipient is replaced his/her fields get unassigned, except there is only one recipient.
If you open a template, where you have already set signature and form fields, but you need to replace the document without losing the configuration, just click after loading the template, on the replace icon of the document.