Maintaining the Projector
- Make sure the projector is turned off and the power cable is unplugged from the power outlet.
- Never remove any parts from the projector. Contact ViewSonic® or a reseller when any part of the projector needs replacing.
- Never spray or pour any liquid directly onto the case.
- Handle the projector with care, as a darker-colored projector, if scuffed, may show marks more clearly than a lighter-colored projector.
Cleaning the Lens
- Use a canister of compressed air to remove dust.
- If the lens is still not clean, use lens-cleaning paper or moisten a soft cloth with lens cleaner and gently wipe the surface.
Cleaning the Case
- Use a soft, lint-free, dry cloth to remove dirt or dust.
- If the case is still not clean, apply a small amount of non-ammonia, non-alcohol based, mild non-abrasive detergent onto a clean, soft, lint-free cloth, then wipe the surface.
Storing the Projector
If you intend to store the projector for an extended period of time:
- Ensure the temperature and humidity of the storage area are within the recommend range.
- Retract the adjuster foot completely.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
- Pack the projector in its original packaging or equivalent.
- ViewSonic® does not recommend the use of any ammonia or alcohol-based cleaners on the lens or case. Some chemical cleaners have been reported to damage the lens and/or case of the projector.
- ViewSonic® will not be liable for damage resulting from use of any ammonia or alcohol-based cleaners.