Glossary of Terms
|A | B | C| F | G | H | I | K | L | M | S|
- Refers to the ratio of the image width to the image height.
- Maximizes the brightness of the projected image. This mode is ideal for environments where extra-high brightness is required, such as using the projector in well lit rooms.
- Adjusts background black levels of the screen image.
CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)
- Synchronizes power on/off operation via HDMI connection. That is, if a device that also supports CEC function is connected to the HDMI input of the projector, when the projector’s power is turned off, the power of the connected device will also be turned off automatically. When the power of the connected device is turned on, the projector’s power will be turned on automatically.
- Adjusts the color saturation.
- Allows users to select specific color temperature settings to further customize their viewing experience.
- Adjusts the difference between the image background (black level) and the foreground (white level).
- Manually improve the clarity of the projected image.
- Allows the user to manually select the greyscale curve of the projector.
- Audio/Video interface used to transmit video and audio via a single cable.
- Allows the user to select HDMI greyscale range between 0~255 (full range) , 16~240 (limited range) or Auto by the signal type detected.
HDR (High-Dynamic Range)
- Keeps the brightness level and enhances details on the dark level.
High Altitude Mode
- Optional mode for users who live in an environment between 1,500 m and 3,000 m above sea level, and the temperature is between 5° C and 25° C. Activating it will improve projector cooling and performance.
- Displays the timing mode (video signal input), the projector model number, the serial number, and the ViewSonic® website URL.
- Toggles between the various input options that are available for the projector.
- The distortion of an image caused by projecting it onto an angled surface.
Light Source Level
- Use Normal or Eco mode to adjust the brightness level and power consumption.
- A Picture Mode appropriate for playing colorful movies, video clips from digital cameras, or DVs through the PC input. Best for a low light environment.
- Adjusts the picture quality of the monitor.