Direct View LED Display General Maintenance
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Maintaining the LED Display
- The LED lights used in the modules are susceptible to ESD (Electrostatic discharge). To prevent damage to the LED lights, do not touch them with bare hands or with conductive materials when handling.
- It is recommended to regularly inspect all installed components.
- Do not bring objects close to the ventilation holes of the display. Burns or personal injuries may occur if any body parts are brought too close.
- Be sure to power off and disconnect all cables before moving the display. Moving the display with its cables attached may damage the cables and thus cause fire or electric shock.
- Power off and disconnect the power plug from the wall outlet as a safety precaution before performing any type of cleaning or maintenance.
- If a new screen has been stowed for less than three (3) months, it can be used at normal brightness during its first use.
- If a new screen has been stowed for more than three (3) months, the brightness should be set at 30% for its first use and allowed to operate for two (2) hours continuously. After two (2) hours of use, power off for 30 minutes. The new screen is now ready for normal brightness usage.
Front Panel Cleaning Instructions
- Use cool, compressed air to remove dust when the power is off. If the dust cannot be removed, the LED module should be replaced.
- Do not scratch and do not put pressure on the panel surface with fingers or any abrasive object.
- Do not use volatile substances such as sprays, solvents, or thinners.
Cabinet Cleaning Instructions
- Do not allow water or detergent to come into contact with the surface of the display. If water or moisture gets inside the unit, a system malfunction or electrical shock may occur.
- Do not scratch and do not put pressure on the cabinet with any abrasive objects of any kind.
- Do not use volatile substances such as sprays, solvents, or thinners on the cabinet.
- Do not place anything made from rubber or PVC near the cabinet for any extended periods of time.
- It is recommended to turn on the display at least once a month for more than eight (8) hours. During a wet and rainy season, it is recommended to turn on the display at least once a week.
- Avoid using full white, full red, full blue, or full green content for an extended period to avoid excessive power usage thus affecting the LED lifespan.